R2-D2 (Remote Control) , Revenge Of The Sith Collection, 2005
- Articulation Count: 2
- Articulation Details: Rotating Dome, Middle Leg
- Accessory Count: 1
- Accessory Details: Lightsaber Remote Control
- This R2-D2 was produced by Tomy for the Japanese market
- The figure has electronics built in and comes with a small remote control which looks like a lightsaber
- In the United States, the droid was exclusively made available through www.starwarsshop.com
- R2 is slightly taller than other Hasbro R2-D2 figures, but it's still small enough to kind of go along with the 3 3/4 line of figures
- The batteries can be exchanged on the back of R2 D2 and on the lightsaber remote control as well
- There are on and off buttons on the droid and on the remote control
- Artoo can move forward and turn, rotate the dome, light up his front eye, and make the regular R2-D2 beeps and whistles
- There are no removable parts or hidden gadgets built in
- Overall, this is a pretty fun figure!
The packaging text was written in Japanese and couldn't be translated.